Version: 1.0 / June 2018
Campine (“us”, “we”, “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We promise to:
- Keep your personal data safe and private
- Not sell your data to 3rd parties
- provide you with information on how to exercise your rights as a data subject
the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
This policy applies to Campine and all other associated companies and websites.
If you are an existing stakeholder, we already have limited personal information of you or some of your staff,
such as names and family names, contact details, birthdays, addresses, payment details, etc.
Maintaining and processing this personal data is necessary for continued relationship between the Campine family of companies
and you, your company.
By continuing to trade with Campine and its associated companies or by submitting any personal data,
you agree to this collection, transfer, storing, maintenance and / or processing as far as the data is necessary
for the purpose it has been collected for.
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the GDPR.
local country legislation or changes in technology or the way we want to keep in touch with you.
When such changes take place, you will be notified.
With the exception of personal data specified in this policy, we may collect additional personal information from you,
only if you have chosen to provide it to us.
Use of information:
We may use information held about you for various reasons, for example:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract between your company and us
- To comply with any legal and/or statutory obligation in terms of relevant municipal laws
- To provide you with information about the company, products or services that you requested from us
or which we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in events being organised for our stakeholders
- To communicate with you concerning changes to our products and/or services
- To communicate with you in relation to your shareholder ship
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by email, telephone, and printed media
or in other manners with information about the company, goods and services similar to those,
which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a shareholder, we can contact you with information about the company in relation to your shareholder ship.
We can exchange your information with stock exchanges and market authorities.
Campine does not share personal information of its customers or suppliers and/or their employees with any third parties
for the purposes of further marketing by those third parties.
The information we collect from you depends on what relation you have with us.
In most relationships, we may collect, process, maintain and store some, all, or any combination of the following
personally identifiable information about you:
- Contact Name (First and family names)
- Company Name, registration number and tax related numbers
- Postal and / or physical address
- Payment details (which may include banking account information)
- Contact telephone number(s)
- Contact email address(es)
- Contact person(s) names
Examples of instances when such information may be collected, processed, maintained or stored are when you:
- Provide the information by completing online forms on our site: This includes information provided at the time
of visiting our site (Ip-address, bowser, OS) or completing the “Contact Us” forms.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Contact us: we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Trade with us, including requests for offers, quotes, etc. In such cases the collection of personal data will also
potentially be necessary to complete the trade contract
- Complete sales/purchase transactions and for the fulfilment of your orders
We need part of this information to fulfil our contractual obligations, for the other information,
we believe it is our legitimate interest to collect and process this information for business and commercial reasons.
Where is your data stored?
Any data that you provide to us is normally stored, processed and maintained in a country within the European Union (EU).
While it is not normal practice for Campine to do so, data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EU.
In such cases, Campine shall ensure that only countries, and / or third party processors that are compliant with the EU regulations
are used by using means prescribed by the EU – GDPR.
Similarly, staff operating outside the EU who work for our associated service provider or us may also process data.
Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision
of support services.
Disclosure of your information:
Regional companies in the Campine family may share your personal information for marketing purposes.
In order to exercise our legitimate interests we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data
to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Campine is, or substantially all of its assets are, acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by
it about its customers and suppliers and /or their employees will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to
our customers and suppliers, or others.
- When exercising the legitimate interests of Campine and its associated family of companies by exchanging information
with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In all other cases, we shall inform you that your personal information will be shared with a third party.
In terms of the EU- GDPR, you have the following rights:
- To be provided with details regarding the type of personal information being collected, processed and maintained.
- Rectification of incorrect personal information that has been collected and stored by Campine
- Subject to competing rights and legal obligations of Campine, partial or complete erasure of your personal information because:
- Campine no longer needs the personal information for the purposes that it has collected
- You wish to withdraw the consent that you gave for the personal information to be processes
- The processing in unlawful
- Restrict the processing of personal information because:
• Of inaccuracies in the personal information.
• The processing is unlawful.
• Campine no longer needs the personal information for the purposes that it has been collected.
- If the processing is based on furthering Campines legitimate interest, you may object to such processing.
This objection will be weighed against Campines rights and legal obligations to further process the personal information.
- Where the processing of personal information is based on exercising Campines legitimate interest,
to make such personal information available in digital format.
- Where the processing of personal information is based on consent, to withdraw such consent.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us:
b) By sending a dated and signed letter, attached with a recto/verso copy of your ID card, at
B-2340 Beerse, Belgium
we shall take reasonable steps to inform all parties with whom we have shared the information of any
request to have such personal information deleted.
Any of our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not
accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance
with the Act. Any access request will be dealt with free of charge.
Queries and Complaints
If you have any requests concerning your personal information, please contact our operations team by email at
Complaints regarding any activity by one of the Campine companies can also be directed to the following national
data protection authority:
Drukpersstraat 35/ Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels
or your local data protection authority